Does your nonprofit host auctions or galas as part of its fundraising efforts? Venue, caterer, silent auction items . . CHECK!
– Registering with your local sheriff to host that raffle?
– If you are serving alcohol, applying for a liquor license?
– Paying and collecting sales taxes on catering, ticket sales and auction items?
In this presentation, we will provide insight and updates to help you identify what you should do (or not do) to help your nonprofit remain in compliance.
Presenter: Mary Benton, Alston & Bird LLP
These educational materials are also mentioned in the webcast:
– Webcast: Bottoms Up: Serving Alcohol at Your Nonprofit’s Event
– Article: How to Hold a Legal Raffle in Georgia
– Webcast: Fundraising and Sales Tax – What Every Nonprofit Needs to Know
– Webcast: Thanking Donors- The Legal Way