Nearly 100 attorneys gathered at Georgia Power Company on January 26, 2010 to celebrate another successful year for Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta (PBP-Atl). For the fifth year in a row, PBP-Atl held an appreciation reception for its donors and volunteers and also presented special recognition awards. PBP-Atl thanks Georgia Power Company for hosting the wonderful evening.
Jo Ann Cooper of Refugee Women’s Network and Chad Hale of Georgia Avenue Community Ministry, both clients of Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, spoke about the importance of PBP-Atl to the nonprofit community. PBP-Atl’s Board Vice Chairman, Frank Landgraff, and Executive Director, Rachel Epps Spears then presented Frabel glass peach sculptures in recognition of the following awards for outstanding volunteer achievement:
- United Parcel Service, Corporation of the Year
- DLA Piper, Law Firm of the Year
- Lawton Hawkins of Coca-Cola Company, In-House Volunteer of the Year
- Nancy K. Kumar of Georgia Power Company, In-House Volunteer of the Year
- George Sewell, Volunteer of the Year
- Valerie King of Baker Donelson, Law Firm Volunteer of the Year
- Stuart Neiman of Kilpatrick Stockton, Law Firm Volunteer of the Year
- Jennifer Van Ness of Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, Law Firm Volunteer of the Year
- Thomas Bishop of Georgia Power Company, Special Recognition Award
PBP-Atl also recognized the Association of Corporate Counsel – Georgia Chapter for hosting, and Kilpatrick Stockton for sponsoring, the 2009 Golf, Tennis & Spa Event, which raised over $60,000 for PBP-Atl.
“Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta would not exist without our volunteers and donors,” said Ms. Spears. “This event gives us the opportunity to thank them and to highlight the extraordinary work of some of our outstanding volunteers.”