It’s your charity’s first project in a foreign country – the funds you worked so hard to raise will finally be used to help people in need overseas. You’ve already been approached by enthusiastic people to work in-country, eager to implement your first project. What could go wrong? Well, quite a bit if you aren’t careful. How do you prevent or minimize these risks while making your donors happy, giving your workers a fulfilling experience, and ultimately furthering your mission?
Don’t miss this informative webinar for an overview of:
– Identifying and managing the key risks for U.S. charities working overseas;
– Considerations for determining business form or working with a local partner;
– Labor and employment considerations;
– What laws you will have to comply with, both US and local; and
– Avoiding the pitfalls of cross-border transfers of money.
Presenter: Aaron Lewis, Habitat for Humanity