What nonprofit would not want a grant from a federal or state agency to help them accomplish their mission and to relieve some of the constant fundraising pressure that all nonprofits face? Grants are free money! But they do have strings attached. A children’s hospital misreported information on a federal grant application and had to pay $12.9 million to resolve the charges. Managers of a charter school faced charges and claims for grant fraud. Even Big Brothers Big Sisters of America has gotten stung with multimillion-dollar sanctions. Is your nonprofit poised to stay on the right side of obligations as a grant recipient?
During this webinar, our speaker helps nonprofits understand:
– What are grant recipients’ compliance obligations?
– What are the systems nonprofits need in place to prevent non-compliance?
– How do you “idiot proof” your organization from application prep to close out?
– How training and monitoring can keep you out of prison and bankruptcy?
– What does it mean to be a “Steward of Public Funds”?
Presenter: Carl Gebo, President of Government Contractors Assistance and Resource Line
Please click here to view the webcast.
Slides – Federal Grants
Slides: Federal Grants Compliance Power Point 2018