As a 501(c)(3), there is a limit on the amount of lobbying your organization can do and an absolute prohibition on any political campaign activity. This webcast will answer the following questions:
• What is the difference between lobbying and political activity?
• What amount of lobbying is acceptable?
• How can your organization do advocacy work without getting into trouble with the IRS?
• What are the danger areas for 501(c)(3) organizations when it comes to political activity?
• What is a 501(h) election?
Presenter: Doug Chalmers, Managing Member, Political Law GroupSlides: Lobbying and Political Activity